Monday, August 11, 2014

Curve it Up Blocks using Quick Curve Ruler


 I picked up this 1/2 yard bundle of Art Gallery fabrics at Sample Spree during Spring Quilt Market.  This is 9 (1/2 yards) of Modernology by Pat Bravo.  It's very fun and happy colors.





I had received the Quick Curve Ruler© from my husband for Christmas, but put it away thinking the patterns looked a little difficult.  While at Spring Quilt Market I got to meet the ladies of Sew Kind of Wonderful and watch the quick demo they were doing.  It looked easy.  So I picked up the "Curve It Up" pattern and decided to try it out.  My first couple of curves weren't perfect, it takes a little practice.  After about 3 tries the curves seemed to click and now it seems easy.


Here are my first 3 Nine Patch blocks from "Curve it Up".  I decided to pick just one of the 12 blocks out of the pattern and make a whole quilt from it.  I'm using Kona Iron Grey to mix with the Modernology.  I love
 how they are turning out, and the curves are so fun.  

Check out my website this week www.roseroomquilts.com and save 15% off the Quick Curve Ruler© and patterns.  Sale ends Monday, August 18th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment